28 March, 2011

Life in Britain so far

Hello and sorry for my slackness. For the last month or so I've been based in Henley-on-Thames an hour from London. I'm staying with a second cousin and taking trips to other places when I can. The job hunt is well and truly on but I am managing to fit in sightseeing as well. Below is a very brief sneak peek of how I've been entertaining myself.

Henley is home to the Royal Regatta which is in June/July every year and the most famous in the world. It's a gorgeous town and for 8 quid I have a year pass to the local River and Rowing Museum!

My new home in Henley. Unfortunately it's temporary until I get a job/flat in London. Otherwise everyone could come and stay!

An old and very famous butcher in Henley - where we got the pheasant

Beautiful flint church in Ewelme where Thomas Chaucer is buried

Pheasant with chipolatas and bacon with potatoes, parsnips and Brussels srpouts


I had a week in London with cousin Brendon and did lots of touristy things. The week included galleries, shopping, eating and beer.

Argh - Harrods! I got a bagel here and it was actually pretty poor

Tate Britain. Went to the Susan Hiller exhibition which was absolutely fabulous.

Neale's Yard in Covent Garden. Got myself and rather cheap haircut. It did the trick, but not sure if I'll go back.

The National Gallery. Saw so many works that I studied at school and university. It brought a tear to my eye

Liberty's

Mac make up artists body painting someone for the release of their latest collection

My first pie in London was absolutely incredible

No comments:

Post a Comment